It must be the season for all things warm, comforting, satisfying and delicious, because this week alone, I received five requests for my fab ‘n famous chili recipe. And can you believe it, it’s not on the blog yet! In case you didn’t know, my chili is known worldwide. Or at least from Chicago to the West Coast (wink). It’s tangy, smoky and meaty with just the right hint of spice that is cooled off only by creamy, delicious sour cream. Basically, the perfect chili for all of your tasty Fall cravings. YUM.
Whether it’s the reemergence of football season or folks breaking out their flannel, everyone seems ready to get a pot of chili going on the stove. And really, can you blame them? What goes better with tailgating and sports on Sunday than chili?
I was lucky enough to get an amazing delivery from my friends at PRE® Beef this week and it gave me just the excuse – as if I needed one – to get my fab Fall chili cookin’. Not familiar with PRE®? You should be…
I find PRE® at my local Mariano’s supermarket and it’s my go-to choice for beef I can feel 100% good about. Over the years I’ve really tried to educate myself about the quality and sourcing of meat at my local supermarkets. Most of the meat you see has added hormones, antibiotics, dyes and comes from cows crammed into feedlots. There’s not a ton there to give me confidence in what I’m eating.
With PRE® I know exactly what I’m getting is the freshest, highest-quality beef with zero antibiotics, hormones, coloring and from cows that are grass-fed, footloose and feedlot free.
I love it and love feeling good about my choices with PRE®. From a variety of steak options to the ground beef I used in this recipe, it’s trustworthy and tasty. Not sure where to find PRE®? Check the locator here.
Now on to the recipe!
Fab Fall Chili Recipe
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced (remove seeds)
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lb ground PRE® Beef
- 1 lb ground mild sausage
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 28oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 15oz can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans with liquid
- 1 15oz can black beans with liquid
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- Sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped red onion for garnish
- Warm some oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. When oil is warm, add onion, peppers, jalapeños and garlic. Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until veggies begin to soften.
- Add ground meats and gently stir in. Continue to cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Let this come together for about 5 minutes, or until simmering.
- Add powered onion and garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt. Stir in until completely dispersed.
- Gently stir in beans and liquid and then bring up to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 1-2 hours. The longer, the better the flavor!
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and fresh onion.
This blog post is sponsored by PRE® Beef. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.