Whether you’re excited or panicking, the fact remains, Fall is upon us. Yes friends, it snuck right up before we could even say Pumpkin Spice Latte. This time of year is always bittersweet for me. Saying goodbye to hot days and balmy nights in favor of layers, scarves and the crunching of leaves beneath your feet. The only thing I really look forward to is the fashion and, of course, the food.
Fall brings with it hearty dishes, comforting snacks and lots of savory fabulousness. Chili in a bread bowl, anyone?
Hot off the heels of a very successful Summer Dinner Party with my blogger pals over at Windy City Blogger Collective, we decided it would be fabulous to do a Fall version and get everybody excited for the season. Again we’ve collaborated to create the perfect dinner party that will get you ready for Fall entertaining, or just snuggling up on the couch with your honey and some super tasty food in no time.
We’ve covered the gamut from refreshing beverages, to exciting appetizers, savory main dishes and yummy desserts. Not a morsel was missed! I’ll run through my contribution – Brie, Fig + Cranberry Pinwheels – and then link the rest of the gals’ recipes and their blogs below.
Be sure to check these girls out — you’ll be starving and bookmarking STAT!
I absolutely love these bites! Adapted from a recipe last year at Thanksgiving, my hubby and I have stuck with this version of the recipe and never turned back. We oft argue it’s half dessert and half appetizer, yet we always agree that they are irresistibly addictive.
The steps are as easy as could be, this recipe truly is foolproof. You can even make them in advance and refrigerate them until your guests arrive. They bake in just 20 minutes. Exactly enough time to make and enjoy one pre-appetizer cocktail. Coincidence? Me thinks not.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fig spread (I use this one, available at most supermarkets)
- 8 ounces soft brie cheese (make sure it’s room temp)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Honey, drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the thawed sheet of puff pastry onto a floured work surface.
- Brush the puffy pastry with about 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Next, spread a thin layer of fig spread over the butter.
- On top of the fig, spread brie and sprinkle dried cranberries.
- Now roll up the pasty length-wise and brush on remaining melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut end-to-end in approximately 1/2 inch slices and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until pasty turns golden brown.
- Transfer to a pretty serving platter.
- Drizzle with honey and chopped pistachios.
The flavors of Fall, all in one convenient little swirly bite! I hope you try them and love them as much as we do.
Now here are the rest of the fabulous dishes you need to pair with this dish to pull off the ultimate Fall Dinner Party. Enjoy!
- Side Dish ➳ Brussels Sprout Salad by Lakeshore Lady
- Main Dish ➳ Goat Cheese, Sweet Potato, and Sage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin by The Kittchen
- Adult Beverage ➳ Autumn Spiced Rum Cider Cocktail by Honey & Birch
- Dessert ➳ Vanilla Apple Chai Cupcakes by Butter & Type