Coming ‘atcha today with a little mini-post just in time for your Memorial Day festivities.
Not sure what to bring to your friends’ backyard shindig? Sick of the same ‘ol pasta salad and jell-o molds? LOL. Does anyone really make a jell-o mold?
I know I prefer cannoli to a mold hands down, don’t you? All that flaky pastry and creamy filling with sweet little chocolate chips. Ugh. It’s my favorite! Unfortunately, making cannoli is actually pretty messy work, so I’m simplifying it for you today with a stroke of sheer brilliance… easy, peasy cannoli dip.
The fabulous Erica Eckman from Everything Erica (follow her here) and I tested this insane cannoli dip last week in my backyard and we guarantee it to be a crowd pleaser. It’s all the flavor and texture of your favorite Italian cannoli without any of the hard work or headache. Give it a try and let us know how you like it. Happy eating!
- 8 ounces of Mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Ricotta cheese, strained
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (I prefer Madagascar vanilla)
- Heavy Whipping Cream, as needed
- 6 ounces of Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips for topping
- Strain the Ricotta cheese in cheesecloth (or paper towels) to drain excess fluid. Don’t skip this step! The dip will be runny otherwise.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strained ricotta, mascarpone cheese and vanilla.
- Next begin to add the powdered sugar slowly to avoid clumping. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream to thin out the dip to a desired consistency.
- Serve with cannoli shell or waffle cones (broken into pieces) and fruit of your choice.