Summer to me is all about getting the gang together! Backyard BBQ’s, cookouts, rooftops, it’s all in the name of a good party in the great outdoors. Everyone pitches in and brings along a side or something yummy to toss on the grill… the informality and go-with-the-flow nature of a good communal BBQ is so up my alley.
Grazing, laughing, talking, imbibing… it’s my indisputable happy place.
I recently got together with a few of my fellow bloggers from Windy City Blogger Collective to create what we thought would be the perfect – and tastiest – Summer Dinner Party we could concoct. If you thought one recipe would be great to add to your Summertime repertoire, how about seven?
When this amazing handful of dishes are combined, you’ve got the idyllic Summer BBQ Dinner Party for your next al fresco soirée. What could be easier than that? We’ve covered the gamut from refreshing beverages, to exciting appetizers, savory main dishes and yummy desserts. Not a morsel was missed! I’ll run through my contribution – Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken with Peaches – and then link the rest of the gals’ recipes and their blogs below.
Be sure to check these girls out — you’ll be starving and bookmarking in no time!
I hope you’re ready for something smoky, sassy, tangy and sweet! If Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken doesn’t get tongues wagging at your next BBQ, then I’m just at a loss, babes. Bringing opposing flavors like sweet and savory to the table not only breathes life into your favorite classics, but will keep your guests coming back for more.
This recipe only has 15 minutes of prep work and by marinating your chicken in advance, you’ll save time and increase flavor!
This dish gives off a fresh summer vibe so your plating shouldn’t be too complicated. With piled-high chicken and perfectly-placed peaches, you can serve this family-style right at the table.
Take a peek at the yumminess…
Marinade and Chicken:
- 1 whole chicken divided
- ½ cup of red wine vinegar
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2-4 tbsp of sriracha sauce (depending on desired level of heat)
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 1 tsp of chipotle chile powder
- 5 peaches sliced into quarters
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
Marinade and Chicken:
- Add all marinade ingredients together to a bowl, whisk together. It’s especially important to incorporate the honey and really get all the spices to marry nicely. Transfer to a long, shallow container.
- After seasoning lightly with salt and pepper, add chicken to the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning quickly flip the chicken, I’m telling you this will make all the difference. Since the marinade is only about 1 inch deep, flipping the chicken will give each piece an equal amount of insane flavor.
- When grilling, you’ll want to be cautious how hot you keep the grill. Make sure your temperature is set to medium-high and place the smaller pieces towards the edges to keep them off the direct flame. Each piece of chicken should take about 6-10 minutes on each side. The wings and legs will cook faster than the breasts.
- While grilling, bring remaining marinade to a boil in a medium sized sauce-pan and let it simmer while your chicken cooks. This can be used to pour over your chicken for some extra bold flavor!
- Mix the butter, brown sugar and salt together and with a brush, glaze each peach half.
- Grill each peach on the inside (non skin side)
Sounds super yummy, right? I can attest… it is! Now here are the rest of the fabulous dishes you need to pair with this dish to pull off the ultimate Summer Dinner Party. Enjoy!
- Appetizer ➳ Basil Burrata Dip with Fresh Tomatoes by Everything Erica
- Side Dish ➳ Herbed Corn and Avocado Salad by Lakeshore Lady
- Side Dish ➳ Sweet Pepper Honey Cornbread Muffins by Butter & Type
- Main Dish ➳ BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches by The Kittchen
- Adult Beverage ➳ Bourbon Milkshake by Grandbaby Cakes
- Dessert ➳ Plum, Blueberry, Ginger Granita by Honey & Birch