Alright you guys, break out your bookmarks! You’re going to want to save this recipe, I guarantee it.
All summer long I’ve been indulging in my favorite wine, rosé. To me, there is nothing better than a cold, crisp glass of beautiful, blushing wine on a warm day. It’s refreshing, delicate and goes with pretty much everything! On Instagram, I’ve often shared my favorite winemaker of the pink stuff, Whispering Angel, and just couldn’t resist finding other delightful ways to consume their tasty vino.
My first attempt was with frozen rosé ice cubes which, if I don’t mind tooting my own horn, were brilliant. LOL. However, I was always crunching on them before I even finished my glass of wine. So, why not skip the ice cubes altogether and go FULL ROSÉ POPSICLE status?!
Because really, what better way to combine summer refreshment than frozen fruit and wine all chilled and ready to eat?
Don’t they just look darling? Well, let me assure you, they taste even better than they look. I made sure to impart a few sweet and fresh ingredients so that the recipe didn’t leave you feeling like you’re just sucking on a bottle of wine (although there’s nothing wrong with that).
Are they boozy? Undoubtedly. Are they still delicious? A resounding YES!
YUMMY ROSÉ POPSICLES
- 2 Cups rosé wine
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup sugar (I use fine organic raw sugar)
- 1 TSP orange zest
- 2 TSP Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- Fresh fruit (I used strawberries, raspberries and edible flowers)
- Combine water and sugar in a small sauce pot, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the rosé, water/sugar, orange zest and Chambord in a medium bowl.
- Place fruit into popsicle molds.
- Pour the rosé mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze overnight or until solid.